Interview from Khanty Mansiysk
Hao Wang: The first game turned out not to be very difficult, but somehow I feel very tired…
– Which result will be considered successful for your team?
Hao Wang: It will be difficult to compete with such teams as Russia and Ukraine. We should be satisfied with winning the medals of any kind.
– And the women’s team obviously aims for the gold?
Hao Wang: Oh yes, no doubt about that. And we will support them as much as we can.
– Li, how many years do you play chess?
Li Wengliang (team captain): 30 years already. And I am a captain of the national team for about 10 years.
– What kind of souvenirs will you take home to your family and friends?
Li Wengliang: I will definitely bring chess and chess books, especially those in Russian.
– Did you have any worries about traveling to Siberia? This land is famous for its frosty weather.
Li Wengliang: The climate in my native province of China is very similar, so I don’t mind.
– What do you think about Khanty-Mansiysk?
Li Wengliang: I live in Beijing, and the air here is much cleaner than in my city. Also Russian people are wonderful and very friendly. In addition, I admire Russian culture!
Interview for the Olympiad official website